Teacher Education

Pleaceholder Image

If you ever thought you might want to be a teacher, 
we have great news for you. Thanks to a program of courses offered by our colleges -- American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City -- you now can get your two year AA or AA-T degree and transfer to a CSU or UC to complete your BA degree. You then will be ready to enter the teaching credential program.

The first two years at a Los Rios Community College offers all the courses you need, including the two field experience courses, ENGED 320 and ENGED 324/ECE 350, to be eligible for transfer to the CSU system.

The unique opportunity of the two field experience courses places prospective teachers in schools working alongside credentialed teachers. In this way, you quickly discover if teaching is the profession for you.

road map button